Sunday, October 17, 2004

Wow... I have not been studying for the past two days because I have been running all over Singapore trying to visit all the JC open houses.

It started on Friday when i went to Nanyang. Nanyang, due to its close proximity with Zhonghua and hence, Ms Tan, was rather a turn-off at first. But the facilities there were actually quite good and most of the classrooms are air-conditioned. We went into one of the rooms and listened to the GP tutor talk for a while and I must admit that I was quite impressed by what he said. We also listened to the principal talk in the LT and it was kind of a disappointment. Actually all of us were very surprised when we realised that the person talking was actually the principal and not some blur old teacher.

Next we went to Temasek JC. I think that TJ's open house was the best that we had experienced among all 5 JCs. The fact that we found the open house fun even after having made a wrong turn on the way there and then running in one giant circle to reach it speaks alot for the impression the open house gave us. The principal there was better I thing than NY's. She was probably trained in sales as she used lots of props and gimmicks to advertise the school. Aside from that, the people showing us around were really friendly as well. And another thing that made me like TJ was that the rock wall there was real big. I think that it was one of the biggest among all the JCs we visited.

Today, we went to NJ, AJ and VJ in that order.
NJ was all right, but I never really considered going there so I didn't really pay much attention there. I think NJ was the only JC that had a cheerleading CCA. The rock wall at NJ was quite high, but if im not wrong, narrower than that at TJ. The ushers there were friendly as well.

Then it was all the way back to AMK for AJ. AJ seemed like a primary school in terms of the decor and such. It was certainly not as impressive as TJ or NJ. It just seems like a normal, basic, average JC. The performances were quite funny, not in the content but rather in the presentation, or lack thereof. Overall, I do not think AJ is very high on my list. Perhaps 3rd or 4th.

Finaly, we went to VJ. Got there late, so the openhouse had ended. As such, I was unable to make an accurate assessment on whether the JC was comparable to TJ. I must say that I am biased towards VJ, so even though I was unable to check the school out properly, I still, placed it hight on my priority. Maybe because of the B^3 factor. Beach, Babes, and basketball. Haha.

So the finals go like this
1/2: TJ or VJ
3: AJ
4:NYJ

Im now really stuck on whether to go to TJ or VJ. So i guess I will have to rely on my friends and my trusty descision maker!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home