Saturday, April 03, 2004

Today we had out oral examinations and collections of results.

Basically, my results sucked. I think my parents were really disappointed when they learnt that I failed combined humanities. When Ms Chan asked me what I had to say for myself I really wanted to say that I have tried my best and I have no regrets. But that would have come across as me trying to be snide. Instead, I said nothing, which came across as me acting dumb. Not exactly the wisest of choices.

It's so disheartening. I actually DID study for the SS and geo tests. I really did. I made mind maps and pratically memorised the entire chapter. But it was just not enough. If I get lousy results for usual tests, fine, I know that I did not put in much effort and will surely do better if I actually bothered to study properly. But this is different! I actually tried very hard to study and memorize everything. But it just was not enough.

Was it because I did not study hard enough? Probably not. There wasn't very much left to study. I think that the root lies in that perhaps I have been studying the wrong things. Maybe I should have tried looking at model answers and copying the answer structure. This seems so obvious in retrospect. That will solve my SS woes. But what about geog? I am supposedly better in geog than in SS, but that seems to be wrong. What is there to refer to? I do not have any model answers. Perhaps all my problems will be solved in I just keep relating everything back to the question?

Yes. More presentation. Less content. Maybe this is all I need. I shall try it out for my next test.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home