Saturday, March 27, 2004

Whoa, its been hectic the last two days what with preparing for the funfare that was held today.

Yesterday, I went to sandy's house after school to prepare the food. I volunteered mainly because I wanted to help. And also because I like to peel potatoes. Strange isn't it? But there is some strange, pleasure in taking a hard, brown potato, cleaning, cooking and peeling it into this soft, yellow nice-smelling thing. Do not make me peel half-cooked potatoes though, it really irks me, and I will end up just chopping the potatoes up. Or eating the raw, crunchy potato.

Anyway, besides the potato, we also prepared lots and lots of eggs, chopped several sausages and minced the ham. It is so fun to be doing all this stuff. If only I had more chances like this in the future.

After all the preparing and stuff, we ordered pizza, and played cards. Then we went to do stupid things like playing dai-dee in the middle of the road. Let me tell you, this really tests your concentration and reflexes. Especially if you are in the middle of drawing a flush from your deck while frantically looking to see if that strange noise you heard was a car, or just your imagination.

But the stupidity climaxed on the way home. Hui shan's dad volunteered to let me and zhiliang get a ride outside. When outside, he asked us where to go. I told him that I can take a bus from any busstop along this road. I was near bowen then. That guy ended up driving me FURTHER away from home and let me off at *gasp* AMK central! Now I'm sure he meant well and all but what kind of idiot will do this sort of stupid thing!!?? When I reached home, it was around eleven...

The funfare was today. Not exactly the most exciting of events but I had some fun. I got a tattoo (for free), rode the bull for 76 seconds, bought lots of food, got dunked in the dunking tank, and went to the haunted house.

Ok. I guess the haunted house was quite ok, but one of the biggest problems was that the groups they let in was too big. And when malcom is your guide, it isn't really very scary anymore. In fact, I do not recall even a single scary thing, just lots of ultraviolet lights and masks. Well, at least you can say that the NP did a good job of decorating the place with trash bags... I think we spent more time inside with Ms loong giving us warnings, or the guide trying to get out attention that actually doing anything.

One of the rules was that we were not allowed to touch the exhibits. But what if the exhibits touched us? Will I be justified in punching the grim reaper in the face if he came running towards me? Fortunately, I let death touch me without retaliation, which might have gotten me into some trouble? One of the problems they faced was that there was a massive queue. This was because there could only be one group at a time. Well, I feel that this problem could be solved if they... Say... Not make us walk circles around the star of David? What's the point of that? Its not scary for one, and only gives us a chance to make more lame jokes, which totally destroyed the scary part of the experience. But if the point was for us to have fun, it didn't really work when Ms loong kept popping in to warn us that if we do not keep quiet and be properly frightened, she will kick us out... spoilsport...

The decorations inside were not bad though, really cool looking masks, and costumes, and the lighting was nice.

I think Andy hide behind the door and scare me also more scary... But Andy cannot make banging noises nor make my shirt glow purple...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home