Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Cool bad-ass quote I invented today: I have many weaknesses and but one strength, the ability to turn my weaknesses into strengthes.

Aiseh, nice? I was kind of day-dreaming that I was some sort of really successful dude while on the bus home. Its kind of like watching television, except that you are the director!

In other news, my general paper is finally improving after using the 'write boringly in an extremely objective manner acting like you made ur conclusion based on large amounts of research and after conducting extensive review on the subject' tatic, as opposed to my usual 'honest writing where I know that I am supposed to know what my stand should be when I decide to write on that topic' style. Its now 29, hopefully I can do better than that? I just have to remember to write like a boring old fart and most importantly, to switch off the sarcasm. What a farce. You would think GP would be enriching and uplifting, instead, its just as Ms Ow the big wise once told us, 'Just remember that the cambridge markers are boring old ex-school teachers who's idea of a perfect day is to sit in front of the fireplace sipping earl grey and talking about the weather'. Well, not exactly in those words.

(Coincidentally, Lifestory on channel 5 this week featured the founder of the 1.99 store who went bankrupt after the SARS period. In the show, after she almost went bankrupt, her husband bailed her out allowing her to close off her business without debts. She is now a housewife. I don't know about everyone out there but I am having a little trouble seeing the inspirational part of the story.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home