Monday, February 27, 2006

Its eleven and I've got a maths test tomorrow. I should either be studying or sleeping but I'm doing neither. Thats because I've got a bone to pick. But is it safe to say it here? How many people do I know read this thing? What if I say something wrong? will I get hauled off? Theres no freedom in here.

Anyway, the thing thats got me puzzled is this whole new age christian thing. You probably know someone near you who is one, maybe you yourself. So please do not get offended with whatever I say here. If you don't like it, please please be my guest and don't read it. Anyway, as I was saying, everyone probably knows a few of them. Those are the people who have cell groups, who cluster around a guitar and sing hymns and who like have all those songs by hillsongs and such stuff in their ipods. Its almost become a new culture. A new hip, if you may. Cool to be christian. I guess its the whole image revival thing thats going on with the speak good mandarin campaign as well. You know, hua yu cool!

These are people so artifically devoted to their religeion that it gets kind of irritating. It seems as if they've got no life (this is NOT a personal attack) and thery seem to keep, well, praising the lord. Well, I'm sure that the Lord knows that he's great. Him being divine and all and perfectly good probably means that he is humble right? coz humbleness? is a virtue. He really probably does not want people like just praising him for the sake of it all the time you know. The way these people are acting is as though he is some pagen god that will be appeased if you slather your praises on him and make him happy. And if he's happy, he'll grant you your wishes or something.

I'm not done. But I've gotta go sleep. Divine intervention i guess... night! (p.s. God, if you're reading this, please don't think I hate You)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home