Sunday, April 18, 2004

Hongyi did not come. We were trashed. Not that we did not put in effort, zhiliang ran even though he had just ran in 400m and was very exhausted. Kudos to him. But we did not really expect to win though, but I am sure that we can do better than we did if only we all were fit.

In the evening, I went to Sherwyn's house to celebrate Roy's birthday.

Life is made up of choices. There is no such thing as without a choice. For example, people say that they MUST hand in homework. But is it really true? You can choose NOT to hand in homework even if you are threatened with caning. It is the fear of the consequences that makes us do. So we are actually CHOOSING to do homework for fear of the consequences if we do not do it.

This is important. Not everything is beyond your means and predestined. By choosing our response to such stimuli, you are effectively changing your future.

People say the world is a sad place and it may seem quite true, wars, terrorists, exams and losing basketball games. Even stuff like sad love. Many would say that it is not at all funny and we should be serious and sad. That's not true, it is your choice if you think it is serious and sad. I say that there is always a funny side to it. It depends on your choice to see it as ironic and amusing, or as heartbreaking and tragic.

Life sucks, shit happens, what can I do about it? Since I know that I cannot change the event itself, I will have to shape my own reactions to these events. I choose to see it in a positive light. No matter how sad, there are always little bits of irony if you look close enough.

If there seems that there is nothing to laugh at, you have forgotten yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home