Monday, December 08, 2008

Been a while since I last updated has it?

Well in that time, I went to bintan. I was kind of at zouk the previous day, breaking my covenant. So pretty sleepy the whole trippy.

It was a super idyllic holiday where I watched every show on HBO and Discovery Channel inside the room. Leaving only to go for breakfast, walk to the beach, swim(which I did everyday) and once we visited a nearby town for dinner. Oh, I finally got to windsurf too. It sure has been awhile. Very out of practice, so I fell down alot and got some blisters. Amazingly, that was all! That's seriously the slackest holiday. And I had 4 days of it. Not that I wouldn't like something like that, but my brother was telling me all about the various water sports there and made me all excited.

Speaking of exciting, I ran a marathon yesterday! Oh yes baby, after sleeping for just 4 hours and being out of comission for more than a month with a sprained ankle, and a hurting foot from when I tried to run once before bintan, I went ahead and ran the marathon anyway. In your face progressive training!

But theres' a price to pay. No, I'm not just talking about the registration fee. Both my legs hurt. Really painfully. The muscles are sore and the joints are creaky and I climb up and down stairs without agony. I'm still really happy that I ran though, because that's another item off my list of things to try once. Sucks that I have some sort of parade tomorrow though! No way I can take part in that.

I ran about half of the race with sherwin, who couldn't perform thanks to some bad diarrhoea the day before. There's so much associated with the race, like seeing all sorts of people, like the drinks stations, like what you tell yourself as you run along. But these can't be written down. They have to be experienced to be felt, and I'm glad I got to feel them.

4E1 class gathering the day before. Man I LOVE my class! We can just get together and talk and talk and talk and we're all so nice to each other and damn I miss them and I'm so sorry I had to go off to get some sleep before the marathon.

I'm supposed to meet my PW group today. There's a timing clash! Oh no ):

Hey baby, I didn't die! You must be glad for me. And I'm so very grateful for that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home