Thursday, February 22, 2007

A woman gave me an ang pao while I was working at vivo on tuesday. She told me I reminded her of her son. Guess it helps to have a very generic face. On another note, a very snobbish caucasian chewed me out for telling him that we charge for water. He started by asking me if I was willing to jeopardise all the other items he ordered just for the sake of two glasses of water. I really wanted to say yes. "Of course I'm willing to do that. Whether you dine here or not, I still get paid the same. In fact, If you go somewhere else, I will have that less dishes to clear, that less cutlery to wipe and three less tables to clean. I know you are not happy with us charging for water. To tell you the truth I think that its one of the more retarded writs passed down by management. In fact, its so retarded that we have to put little signs on EVERY table just so that people will believe us. But do I look like a manager to you? Oh puh-leeze. I don't even get a share of the tips. What makes you think I value you as a customer?" But what I said instead was "I'm sorry sir, theres nothing I can do about it" because I really wanted to get out of this argument.

He also said something about how it is all like this in Singapore but I wasn't sure what it was. I guess he has really terrible luck in choosing restaurant. The last restaurant he went to was probably 'Saltwater' down at changi village. There lagi best! The only plain water they serve is evian and it costs 10 bucks per bottle. Hah! Here charge 50 cents already very good ok grumpy man? If you would like free water please make your way down to macdonalds which is less than 20 steps from here thank you!

Damn cute that guy! I think next time someone complains about the water thing I'm totally going to side with them. "Ya! I agree that its a very stupid and ridiculous practice! I don't know what is going on with them. Of course we shouldn't charge for plain water! But if you want it m'am I will have to inform you that we charge 50 cents for it. Yes such a bad practice." ~Cheesy smile~ Think that will throw them off?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home