Thursday, February 08, 2007

It is all about the attitude baby. We each have our own reality and we posess the power to change it. By shaping our reality and creating our experiences, we can adapt to any shit and still feel happy about it. I love 11-9!

Today was kind of strange. My mood was swinging like crazy. When I was on the bus I was telling myself to change my attitude towards my job, even if its just a personal challange. I didn't want to spend the whole day sulking about like yesterday. So initially I was actually very cheerful and happy even though the management was about. I had planned to go about my job happily, then I would refill the sugar bowls in the evening and wipe them clean too. So everything was more or less alright, even though the crazy dragon was being, well, crazy. The first blow to my hard built happiness was when I just stepped into the bar area to EMPTY A DISH. Out of nowhere, she pops up and starts going, in that indirect shooting way I'm sure everyone has met before, about how there should always be one person on the floor at all time, and what if the management sees us like that, they will scould us and so on. Though there was 3 of us there, it was obviously directed at me. So anwyay, I wasn't quite as happy already but still continued about my work.

Then she struck again. Again, I was just innocently carrying a cup to the trolly when she ambushed me and went 'lik ah, how many times must I tell you to USE A TRAY?' What was I to do? I just agreed. I mean I know that I was supposed to use a tray when serving drinks but when clearing up as well? It might seem given in this frame, but all along, everyone else on the floor has been clearing cups without using the bloody tray. What made me so special? They said maybe she thought I was serving a drink? Yup, cups of wet ice with greenish scum on the side are one of our favourite drinks here. I'm sure the cool air smells so nice when chilled by the greenish scum. Hell, we even add a half eaten sour plum to make it worth 4.90.

Strangely enough, the thing that totally turned me off was later on. She was basically making life difficult for me and was telling me no to stand around even if there was really nothing to do. I could for example, bring all the cups back to wash at the sink at the bar while simultaneously manning the floor. Hey, when I manage to clone myself, I will let you know ok? And maybe I'll demand 10 bucks an hour too. But that was not it. The worst was when she asked me to wipe the sugar bowl. That was when I totlly lost it. Any trace of happiness inside me totally disappeared. Funny it took something so trivial to ruin my day but amen. I spent most of the rest of the day wiping everything else in sight. If in doubt, ask joshua.

As I was wiping everything in sight down I started questioning myself. What am I doing? I am wiping down everything in sight. Why am I doing it? I want to look busy. Why do you want to look busy? Because that bitch told me to. Why did you think of her as a bitch? Because she was mean to me. How was she mean to you? She was arrogant, and chided me for things which I'm sure I wasn't in the wrong. Why do you hate her for that? I feel that she looks down on me in that way, and that she is arrogant just because she is more experienced. Why do you think she acted as she did? Because management was around. What does this show about her? She is trying to impress the boss. What does this show about her? She herself has never been a supervisor before. What does it imply? She herself is nevous and uncertain, so she is overdoing everything. How does it relate to you? Its easiest to find fault with what I do and satisfy her need. Why? Because I am inexperienced and so am found wanting. What does this show about you? I still have alot to learn. Are you right in feeling pissed at her now? I am still mildly irritated at the way she treated me, but I can understand her reality, barely.

And the rest of the day wasn't so bad after all. After eating ice cream near the end of the day, I felt almost as happy as I was in the morning. I think ice cream really does wonders... Drank some white wine after work, with joshua. And I must say, wine should always be served chilled.

Somehow, when you write things down, it seems really trivial... But I'm still going to have a GREAT day tomorrow ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home