Wednesday, June 16, 2004

This house stinks! Literally. The front and back flat roofs all had to be repaired as they were sort of leaking all over the place, even once causing a ceiling to collapse.

So my parents decided to hire a contractor to redo the roofs. Well, now both the front and back roofs have been torn up, and that stinky bitumen smell is all over the upper floors. Our whole family now actually has to camp on the living room floor, where my dad and mom are lying asleep as I type.

What's worse than that is that during the day, what with the workers drilling and walking around, and with all bedrooms inaccessible, it becomes damn near impossible to stay at home. Thus, every morning I will HAVE to wander around aimlessly outside. Hmmm, perhaps this would be a good way to get my homework done! But it's more likely that I will end up playing basketball the whole morning...

This experience has really led me to wonder what life would be like without a house, since we are practically living in that condition, albeit with electricity and water supply. Well, it isn't all that bad, as far as I am concerned, I don't mind sleeping on the hard floor.

Finally, tomorrow will be the first day resembling a holiday. No school! I think I will try to watch a little basketball before going out to play, then come back for a bath, then go out again. Great plan!

Today some basketball team came to out court to train. It made all of us kind of pissed, because we were all there first, then they act like they owned the court or something when in fact, it was probably their first time training there. The coach was the meredian JC coach, which I do not know who the hell he is...

Before basketball I was at Cineleisure watching shrek. Shrek is really really nice and funny, it really makes fun at all the fairy tale characters in all sorts of ways. Way better than the disappointing Harry Potter... I have yet to watch Troy or The Day After Tomorrow.

I guess I'm not going for the guitar course after all, as I will be only going for three months, in order to stop before o'levels, if I start now. As such, I will probably take up guitar after the o's. But I still want to get a guitar though, so that I can learn some basic skills and songs.

Things are certainly getting better. I am actually considering liking someone, which is a really huge improvement from this time last year, where I was probably wallowing in self-misery. The lyrics of Gui Ji have proved prophetic in that aspect. At least I have gleaned several valuable lessons from that ordeal or experience, depending on how you look at it. Chief among those would be not to wait too long for something, as it may be over after you wait so long. Haha.

This post is actually like four days worth of blogs.

Last Thursday, Friday and Saturday, Eric and I, and on the last two days Zhiliang, have been playing WarcraftIII Frozen Throne again! After like a one year hiatus I suddenly feel the thrill of playing Warcraft again. What a timeless game. Frozen Throne is certainly very different from Rein of Chaos, which I am much much better at, but it's still very fun! I have also since discovered that if I do not take regular breaks while playing LAN, I will suddenly have headaches! Now ain't that something!

Well, its around 1a.m now, I guess I will go join my parents on the floor...Tata

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home