Saturday, December 09, 2006

Went to the crappy RSAF seminar today. There was only one interesting speaker, and I slept throughout the rest. But hey, who's to complain when theres free food at the end right?

Later I got into a discussion with my mom about the attitudes of different people. It started because during the Q&A section, one question went like this: Can you give us any tips for the pilot selection interview? or words to that effect. Here are the two responses

Interesting speaker: Well, we know that you guys are only 18, 19 just out of school so we wouldn't ask questions on politics, economics and such difficult questions. As long as you can tell us why you would like to join the airforce you should do fine.

Not so intereting speaker: Well, basically you should treat it like a job interview, where you should do some research on your employer beforehand to better know the system and such. So I recommend you take it like a job interview, then translate everything over to the RSAF.

So anyway my mom was shooting the first speaker saying that he was not very specific, and saying that his explanation was analogous to responding 'just put inside the mouth and chew lor' to the question 'how do you eat?' and that the second speaker gave a better answer like 'first you put inside your mout, and grind it with your teeth to make the food particles smaller'.

Of course I disagreed. That was not what he said at all, I think that the proper anology for the second speaker will be if he said 'well, eating is sort of like shitting, where food goes through a hole. Just simply take shitting, then reverse it and translate it into eating'.

What do you think? If I gather enough responses I will be able to explain some things in my next post. If not, my next post will probably be either about kayaking, or how I'm going off to desaru for the next few days and can't play utopia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home