Saturday, March 15, 2008

Well now. How about that? The end of 38 weeks. Here are a few things that I've brought away from the 9 months.

First and foremost is my bubble of optimism. Whenever I feel like giving up or falling out. I imagine my bubble of optimism and it gives me strength. It allows me to focus and to stay calm and determined. Its the equivalent of Rand's void. It also has the function of drowning out my mind when I'm thinking of things that I'm not supposed to be thinking of. Strangely enough, its origins had nothing to do with army actually, but just that army served to make it a part of me. I'm counting on it to get me through all future trauma i may face.

I guess hand reflexology is another thing I picked up in OCS, especially during joint term. I can now give incompetent hand massages! Just learnt it as something to do to while away hours.

talking muffins, pink fluff, big paos, brown sticks, minefield simians, talking ducks. Simple jokes that aren't funny.

I also now know where Mas Selamat is. He's in our national anthem:

Mari kita rakyat Singapura
Sa Mas Selamat nuju...

Yep, this are the little things you notice when doing 3 weeks of rehersals.

I guess I also learnt a bunch on humor. About how things are funny when you question people's assumptions. Or to seem to think the worst of people by focusing on the wrong parts of their speech. Its coming out all wrong. I can't really explain it. Hopefully I can remember it.

Oh, and another little thing called all the people I met. There's something to be learnt from everyone.

Coincidence is god's way of remaining anonymous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home